Monday, June 21, 2010

Get the work done

Today/tonight I'm back at it again and happy to be, although somewhat unfocused. Per last posting I'm future forward so I get a little anxious to tackle a number of things at the same time when I'm no longer feeling under the weight of memory. Right now I'm closing the night off with a post here in order to get myself away from the piano and off to sleep. But productive it has been as I ran through a couple new mix-downs of the previous track to improve the EQing along with the vocal ambiance. A warmer posting of the song will come tomorrow after I've had chance to test it out on a number of different systems first. Next I began prep work on a remake I intend to do of an old song (thank you Prinny!) I won't be telling which it is or who the original artist was until it's done however, and I have the final OK to release it. Keeping this one close to the chest so to speak. Lastly I pulled a couple of other originals that I had let sit for some time back onto my to-do list for this round of production. All in all a good day. It will be a busy week, upcoming weekend and then thereafter, but well worth it. It's can be tough to play all the roles at times: as the songwriter and lyricist to the arranger, musician and player to the vocalist, and finally producer and engineer on all the songs, it certainly keeps my hands full. But I love every minute of it and will not complain in the least. 

As I finish up this evening gazing at the piano and staring into monitor, I want to let my friends know that I am thinking of you always and missing you more, especially on a sunny day like today was. Luckily my inner critic tells me to "shut it and get the work done!" :)

Peace and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment