Monday, March 19, 2012

Written, arranged, performed and produced by yours truly

Dear friends,
I'm truly happy and excited to share this pre-vocals, fully completed instrumental version of "Welcome to the Show" with you all. I'm never one to consider writing and/or producing fluff tracks (of which we are all unfortunately bombarded with daily and endlessly, and in turn quickly forget,) for the reasons that I believe artists should be making the efforts and writing songs of value and lasting statement.
Pop/house/dance tracks have their place for certain, but can they not at the same time mean something?
Even the thump, thump, thump of a real deep house or trance track can stir many emotions (and libidos) so I think we should expect that of all music, even if the desired result is to simply "get up and dance."
These are the soundtracks to our lives, and I hope we don't go down with best moments memory thinking any of us should "move like Jagger," despite the fact that I can't seen to get it out of my head. Hey, not everything needs to be about a serious subject, and letting loose and getting a grove on is as important as deep reflection, but make it good, and make the words and sound count.
So to that effect I'm going to make this one count.
Here is the sound, expect the words.

Welcome to the Show - Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment