Friday, December 9, 2011

Beg

Like a kid in a candy store, I'm soaking in the sugar sweet that is this new equipment replacement/addition to my home studio. I'm a techno-geek by heart, yet when it has come to my studio setup my actual equipment has shown outdated, despite fulfilled needs; or so I once convinced myself. Replace one 12-something-year-old mixer with modern offerings and inspirations are renewed, and welcomed.

I'm currently working on a song I've titled as "Beg", that expresses the desires that I've come to know too well, and have observed so often as spectator. A dance and game that defines the first wanting acts of intimacy between consenting partners, who have yet to admit mutual wants. Sometimes it's in the eyes, usually it's in the body language. That first press of personal space, talking close, touching, igniting desire.

I initially wrote the melody to this track summer past, and had hopes it would develop to fruition. It has.

Musically I'm at 90% completion. Lyrically I'm close behind. Almost there. Almost ready to add to the album and share. For certain a clip is coming soon, at the least. My desire and passion is returning strong. "Beg" is not far from a completed song.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment