Friday, September 10, 2010

Welcome to the Show

The title of this quick post is the title of a new track I am currently in production on this beautiful and sunny Friday. The past couple of weeks have been a bit hectic and completely void of song for me as I had hit my usual apres-song writers block for a short period after Who I Am was done. Thankfully this block has gone, and along with the aforementioned new track I am also writing another alongside it, taking advantage of this creative flow while it's here. During those moments of block I find myself in a serious funk and rather lost so I do best to keep busy with my PR; sending kits and emails out, making new media and industry contacts as best I can, and anything else I can think of that needs doing as a one-man-show must do. Now at least some traction and momentum are taking hold however there is an important step I must undertake at this time. All the tracks I have presented thus far, as I have surely indicated elsewhere in past posts here or there, have been mixed by me, and I am NO sound engineer, so as such it is now time for them to be properly mixed (or engineered as it is also referred to) in a proper studio and prepped for mastering. During that process I also have plans for a couple of videos to be done, but more on that another time. Once tracks are mastered (or at the least mixed properly by other hands and ears,) the next steps begin in terms of moving forward in this career. It has been a crazy road thus far but one to never look back on, nor regret. As I believe in living in the now I won't go into further details about what's planned for the coming weeks and months ahead, but will instead leave that for when those moments become the now so I can write of them then. Instead I will enjoy what is today, keep working diligently on these new songs, and make the most of this very moment. The past few weeks have been well learned from also, with some good lessons about this industry, and about being watchful of those who make claims about what they can do for your career, versus those who do before they make claims. Just today a friend of mine made a great statement about this business. I won't post it here but certainly invite you to ask and I will gladly pass it along. This friend is a person who does before claims, and as such is a great friend to have, and now a great friend to have on my musical career and team going forward. Cheers amigo and thanks.

Have a great weekend everybody, and keep listening!

1 comment:

  1. May your creative flow never stop flowing for too long! I believe we all need a break from creativeness and inspiration for our own good sometimes, but it's never too good to go logn without it ;)

    And yay for having friends you can count and rely on! People who talk the talk but don't walk the walk can be so annoying.

    ReplyDelete